David Reynolds Bio
Date of Birth: 3rd July 1985
Birth Place: Albury, NSW
Lives: Melbourne, VIC
Status: Partner – Tahan
Race car: Holden Commodore ZB
Car Number: 9
Engine: Holden 5.0 litre V8
Transmission: 6 speed manual sequential
Output: 450+ kW
Getting To Know David Reynolds
Where did you grow up?
Where do you live now?
Melbourne – in the city
Worst Job You’ve ever had:
Storeman – it was so boring…
We’ve all owned a few cars, but what was:
- your first Car: Mazda RX7 Series 1
- the best road car you’ve ever driven: Porsche 911 as far as sports cars goes.
Do you have a motor racing hero?
Mark Skaife and Jim Richards
Outside of motorsport, who did you most look up to growing up?
Pro skateboarders and of course my Dad.
In V8 Supercars, what is your favourite race?
What is the most hair raising moment when driving a V8 Supercar?
Turn 8 at Clipsal!
Favourite past time:
Just hanging with my friends. I have great memories of growing up with my cousins in particular…
How do you wind down and relax?
Just hangin with my partner…
Favourite artist and favourite song:
Dire Straits and anything 70s / 80s rock.
What cars do you have in your shed?
An original RX7
1991 – 2003
- Raced go karts all around Australia, multiple championships
- AWKC Rookie Club Champion
- Junior Karter of the year
- 12th in Australian Formula Ford Championship (Partial Campaign)
- Australian Formula Ford Champion
- 5th in Australian Carrera Cup.
- Rookie of the Year and
- youngest race winner
- 3rd in Australian Carrera Cup.
- Michelin driver to Europe award,
- youngest pole sitter and round winner,
- Chosen for HSV young driver program
- Australian Carrera Cup Champion
- Youngest Carrera Cup Champion
- The only driver to win both Formula Ford and Carrera Cup Championships
- Sandown and Bathurst V8 Supercar endurance drives with PWR Racing
- 3rd ‘o’ Class Merdeka 12 hour race at Sepang
- Fujitsu V8 Supercar Series. 4th, top rookie with two podium finishes
- Two poles and two race wins in four rounds of New Zealand GT3 Challenge (XXX Motorsport)
- Signed by HSV Dealer Team for Phillip Island and Bathurst V8 Supercar endurance races
- V8 Supercars Championship with Bundaberg Red Racing – 21st (Walkinshaw Racing)
- New Zealand GT3 Challenge – 2nd (XXX Motorsport)
- 7 out of 8 poles (6 qualifying records), 5 lap records, 6 race wins..
- New Zealand GT3 Challenge – 5th (XXX Motorsport)
- 5 out of 9 wins, 2 out of 3 poles.
- Missed the first round due to other racing commitments.
- V8 Supercars Stratco Racing (Kelly Racing)
- Great Qualifying results,
- Many Top 10 shootouts,
- Best Race – 4th
- Joined Ford Performance Racing
- 2nd at Bathurst.
- 9th in Championship.
- 1st – Gold Coast
- 9th in Championship.
- 1st – Sydney
- 15th in Championship.
- 3rd overall in the 2015 Championship
- Pole position Bathurst 1000
- 1st Race 15 Darwin
- 2nd Race 16 Townville
- 3rd Race 17 Townsville
- 2nd Race 26 Gold Coast
- 3rd Race 28 New Zealand
- 1st Race 29 New Zealand
- 3rd Race 29 Sydney
- Winner of the Bathurst 1000