About David Reynolds
From junior Go-Karting, through to open wheel Formula Ford, exotic sports cars and now V8 Supercars, David’s journey has overcome tragedy to triumph in the world’s most competitive formula of motorsport.
David’s infectious personality has earned him the tag of V8 Supercars ‘class clown’…but there’s no doubting his speed, talent and ability to hold an audience!
Reynolds enjoyed a massive 2018 with Erebus Motorsport – his third season with the team, taking out 9 podiums and 3 race wins. The #9 pilot finished the year fifth in the Championship and also took out the Barry Sheene Medal for a second year in a row, one of the highest regarded motorsport awards.
2017 saw a huge year with Erebus Motorsport, where he took out the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 alongside Luke Youlden, a huge breakthrough for David and the team.
Known for wearing his heart on his sleeve and unique podium celebrations, Reynolds found a new home at Erebus after losing his Prodrive Racing Australia seat despite finishing third in the 2015 championship.
The move came as Erebus switched from its Mercedes to Commodores, relocated from the Gold Coast to Melbourne and rebuilt its staff.
After signs of promise in 2016 those changes paid off last year.
Reynolds won multiple Australian titles on his way to the Supercars grid, including the 2004 Australian Formula Ford Championship and 2007 Porsche Carrera Cup crown.
He made his Supercars debut in 2007 as an endurance driver at Sandown and Bathurst, and entered the Dunlop Super2 Series the following year.
Fourth place led to a full-time drive in Supercars for 2009 and while he was the highest-placed rookie that year, he was left without a drive for ’10.
Reynolds moved back to the main series for 2011 with Kelly Racing and a number of attention-grabbing performances led to his switch to Rod Nash’s entry within Ford Performance Racing.
Second at Bathurst in 2012 was a major highlight, and he also snagged pole position at Mount Panorama in 2015, remaining in title contention until late that year.
- DOB3rd July 1985
- BornAlbury, NSW
- LivesMelbourne, VIC
- StatusPartner – Tahan
Get to know David
- Where did you grow upAlbury
- Where do you live now?Melbourne – in the city
- Worst job you’ve ever hadStoreman – it was so boring…
- What was your first carMazda RX7 Series 1
- The best road car you’ve ever drivenPorsche 911 as far as sports cars goes
- Do you have a motor racing heroMark Skaife and Jim Richards
- Outside of motorsport, who did you most look up to growing upPro skateboarders and of course my Dad.
- In V8 Supercars, what is your favourite race?Bathurst
- What is the most hair raising moment when driving a V8 Supercar?Turn 8 at Clipsal!
- Favourite foodAnything healthy.
- Favourite drinkJuices
- Favourite past timeJust hanging with my friends. I have great memories of growing up with my cousins in particular…
- How do you wind down and relaxJust hangin with my partner…
- Favourite artist and favourite songDire Straits and anything 70s / 80s rock.
- What cars do you have in your shedAn original RX7
Sign up to receive David's latest news direct to your inbox, so that you can keep up to date with the world of David Reynolds